The Deccan Odyssey Luxury Train Tour was first introduced in 2005 ,to promote Tourist Destinations in Maharashtra.& is joint collaboration between Indian Railways & State Govt Of Maharashtra with onboard services are managed by world famous Taj Group Of Hotels.
The centrally air-conditioned-Deccan Odyssey train offers passengers to travel in comfort of luxuriously furnished Deluxe Cabins & Suite Cabins with attached bathrooms. Other on board facilities include Dining Car Saloons,Bar Lounge,Aryuvedic Spa,Mini Gymnasium & Conference Saloon The concept of luxury train tours in India is,that overnight you travel from one town to another in comfort of prviate sleeping chambers & enjoy pre-paid group excursions in each tourist town with services of English Speaking Guide.
You have option to book Deluxe Cabins & Presidential Suites. (both with private attached bathroom)
From 2005 to 2013 ,It was operated as Deccan Odyssey Train Tour on 7 Nights Mumbai/Mumbai Circuit covering Beaches of Tarkarli & Goa with UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ajanta & Ellora Caves
On limited runs between 2009 to 2013 The Deccan Odyssey Train operated on 7 Nights Mumbai/New Delhi & vice versa circuit as Indian Maharaja covering Taj Mahal, Rajasthan Forts & Palaces with UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ajanta & Ellora Caves under a private tour operator
From Oct 2014 onwards ,The Deccan Odyssey Train has been chartered by a private tour operator & scheduled to operate on Ten Different Journeys across North ,West & Central India of Two Nights,Three Nights,Four Nights & Seven Nights Duration.
Here, we are only marketing 7 Nights/8 Days Indian Odyssey Journey circuit aboard Deccan Odyssey Train from New Delhi to Mumbai covering Taj Mahal with Forts & Palaces of Rajasthan with Vadodara.
DECCAN ODYSSEY Train Journeys
Each of the 5 different Journey's of 7 Nights duration each aboard Deccan Odyssey Train have a unique name.
7 Nights/8 Days : Journey of Maharashtra Splendour (from Mumbai/Mumbai) covers Vineyards of Nasik ;UNESCO World Heritage caves at Ajanta & Ellora ; Princely town of Kolhapur; Former Portuguese Colony of Goa;And Cashew & Mango plantations at Ratnagiri.Contact Us Booking
7 Nights/8 Days : Journey of Hidden Treasures of Gujarat(from Mumbai/Mumbai) covers Palace town of Vadodra ;Jain temples of Palitana; Sasangir Asiatic Lion Sanctuary ; Salt Desert in Rann of Kutch; Sun temple of Modhera and Indian Vineyards of Nasik.
7 Nights/8 days : Journey of Indian Sojourn(from Mumbai/New Delhi) covers Palace town of Vadodra;Lake City of Udaipur; Fort Town of Jodhpur; Taj Mahal at Agra; Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve & Pink City of Jaipur.
7 Nights/8 days : Journey of Indian Odyssey (from New Delhi/Mumbai) Journey covers Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve, Taj Mahal at Agra; Pink City of Jaipur; Lake City Of Udaipur; Palace town of Vadodra ;UNESCO World Heritage site of Ellora Caves.Contact Us Booking
7 Nights/8 Days : Journey of Jewels of Deccan (from Mumbai/Mumbai) covers Islamic Monuments at Bijapur; Medieval Rock Cut Hindu temples of Pattadakal; UNESCO World Heritage site of Hampi
Temple; Nizam Royal City of Hyderabad & UNESCO World Heritage site of Ellora & Ajanta Caves.
7 Nights Deccan Odyssey Train Depart Schedule Till April 2019
|Journey Name||Maharashtra Splendour||Indian Sojourn||Indian Odyssey||Treasures of Gujarat||Jewels of Deccan|
|FROM/TO||Mumbai/Mumbai||Mumbai/New Delhi||New Delhi/ Mumbai||Mumbai/Mumbai||Mumbai/Mumbai|
|Nov 2018||03, 24||10||17||Nil||Nil|
|Dec 2018||22||08||15||Nil||01, 29|
|Jan 2019||19||05, 26||12||Nil||Nil|
|Feb 2019||09, 23||Nil||02||Nil||16|
|March 2019||16||02, 30||09||23||Nil|
|April 2019||13, 27||Nil||06||Nil||20|
Tariff : 7 Nights Deccan Odyssey Train Tour (Taxes Extra)
|Cost Per Cabin - Valid till May 2019 departs (cost of all 6 journeys is the same)|
|CABIN TYPE||SINGLE OCCUPANCY
(for one person)
(for two persons)
|Deluxe Cabin||US $ 6,100||US $ 8,750|
|Presidential Suite||US $ 13,210||US $ 13,210|
- Add Government Service Tax Extra, as applicable
- Add Surcharge Extra as applicable for Signature Journeys
Train Tour Cost Includes :
- Travel & Overnight stay onboard Train in exclusive Air Conditioned Cabins with private attached bathrooms.
- Daily Three Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Services of saloon attendant
- Group Sightseeing Tours in A/C buses with English Speaking Guide
- Monument entrance & still camera fees
Extra Costs (not Included) :
- Video & Professional camera fees.
- Laundry, Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages, taxes, tour insurance, use of spa facility ,gratuity & tips
- Pre & post train tour hotel accommodation OR Railway station transfers
- Air fare & Visa arrangements for India.
- Applicable Taxes
- Any other expense of personal nature.
Terms & Conditions
Booking Procedure :
- (1) Advice date of travel & number of cabins required to check availability
- (2) Forward scanned copies of passport of all the passengers to process booking request
- (3) We require minimum advance deposit of 20% of total ticket value to confirm booking
- (4) Balance amount must reach us before 45 days of tour depart with passport & visa copy
- (5) Booking request made< 45 days before tour depart will be confirmed on receipt of one time full tour amount deposit.
- (6) Indian Nationals can pay in equivalent INR Rupees.
Contact Us Booking
Payment Options :
- 1. Online credit card authorization
- 2. Or Swift wire transfer through your bank
- 3. Or Indian Nationals can pay in equivalent INR rupees by RTGS/NIFT Transfer
Cancellation Terms :
- (a) All cancellation requests must be forwarded in writing & acknowledged by us
- (b) Nil cancellation fee if booking cancelled more than 61 days prior to train depart
- (c) Minimum 20% cancellation fee levy on total ticket value if informed between 46 days to 60 days prior to tour depart
- (d) Minimum 50% cancellation fee levy on total ticket value if informed between 45 days to 31 days prior to tour depart
- (e) Full 100% cancellation fee levy on total ticket value if informed less than 31 days prior to tour depart
- (f) In case of No show, failure to join the train tour, refusal to continue with train journey -for whatsoever reasons, the tour amount is non refundable
- Coxs & Kings,India is the principal train tour operator of Deccan Odyssey Train Tour & liability of Royal Indian Trains is limited to that of booking agent only.
- Due to technical reasons, If Principal train Tour Operator( Coxs & Kings) decides to cancel your train tour depart, you will be immediately intimated by e-mail & Liability of Royal Indian Trains is ONLY limited to refund advance amount received from you for booking train tour ticket value.
- Royal Indian Trains bears no further liability to compensate financial loss & mental agony (if any ) suffered by you on account of cancellation of air tickets/hotel bookings/visa arranged by yourself -if train tour depart is cancelled by Principal Train Tour Operator
- In case of booking being cancelled by you ,Royal Indian Train reserves the right to deduct Bank Processing Fee at time of making overseas refunds
- It is mandatory for All Foreign Passport Holders to obtain Indian Visa prior to boarding International Flight
- Disputes, if any, are subject to jurisdiction of courts of New Delhi(India) only & liability of Royal Indian trains is limited to that of booking agent only.
Contact Us Booking